It’s that time of year and my mind is already thinking about going to Sesuit Harbor Cafe for my first lobster roll of the season. I just looked it up, and they are opening May 3rd- YEAH! While there are many other great clam shacks in Cape Cod, Sesuit Harbor really is our favorite spot to enjoy a fresh lobster roll. It also helps when you have great harbor view, fun picnic tables, great owners and staff and fresh local seafood!
And while Sesuit Harbor Cafe is our all time favorite- listed below are some other clam shacks that also have great lobster rolls:
- We recommend Sir Crickets often to our guests. They are run by the same great people that own Nauset Fish and Lobster Pool which is where we purchase our fresh lobster for our Eggs Benedict and fresh fish for dinner. Sir Crickets makes for a great stop as the charming Bird Watcher’s General Store is right next door. If you are a birdwatcher and like to feed the birds this is a perfect stop for you! Sir Crickets also does take out so many of our guests love to pick up lobster rolls to go along with our beach chairs and head out to their favorite beach or summer baseball game.
- Moby Dicks in Wellfleet never disappoints. All of their fried food and lobster rolls are to die for.
- Cafe Alfresco in Brewster- OK- I really adore this place. The wait staff can sometimes be grumpy, sometimes happy but the overall vibes in this place are just downright contagious. They don’t always have lobster rolls on the menu but when they do be assured that it will be delicious. I also love their scallop sandwich on a brioche roll.
- Sagamore Inn– a guest just recommended this place, and I can’t wait to try it out. They said it was the best lobster roll they have ever eaten. Just had to laugh when Brooks told us he had eaten half of the roll and decided it was so darn good he needed to get a picture of it. Thanks for sharing Brooks.
- JT’s- while Byron and our grandson Trenton are eating ice cream in this shot, rest assured they always have great lobster rolls that can be ordered either hot or cold.
Consider a trip to our lovely Bed and Breakfast. All of our bulbs are blooming and the forsythia are gorgeous.
We still have a few rooms available for next weekend when our town celebrates spring- Brewster in Bloom! It’s a fun, old time celebration filled with craft fairs, concerts and an old fashion parade.
Happy Spring from Donna, Byron and Harrison too!