We want everyone who visits the Captain Freeman Inn website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding. Our accessibility statement provides our current status regarding Web Content Accessibility and descriptions of our physical environment.
To help make the Captain Freeman Inn website a positive place for everyone, we’ve been using the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user-friendly for everyone. We regularly update the website to achieve our goal of WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If at any time you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular web page on www.CaptainFreemanInn.com, please contact us at info@CaptainFreemanInn.com being sure to specify the web address of the page in your email. You may also contact us via telephone at 508-896-7481. We will make all reasonable efforts to make the page accessible as well as answer any questions you may have.
Please know that our home is an historic Greek Revival Sea Captain’s home, built in the 1860s, registered with the Brewster Historical Commission, and included in the Old Kings Highway Historic District. Consistent with the prevailing architectural norms, the inn has many stairs outside and within the building. Certain features may provide complications for wheelchair access and may provide some restriction to certain guests depending on physical abilities. We do our best to communicate accessibility specifics when details are requested so please do not hesitate to call and ask if clarification is needed.
Currently, our building has the following access:
- The inn does not have a wheelchair ramp. Entry to the inn is navigated from the loose stone parking lot, up 6 steps followed by 2 steps to the front porch where there is 1 additional step for entry into the main foyer. Access to all public rooms, public bathrooms, and private guest rooms inside the inn require the use of the front entry stairs.
- The inn does not have an elevator or stair lift. Access to all levels above the first floor, including public spaces and private guest rooms, requires the use of stairs.
- Access to the fence-enclosed outdoor swimming pool is navigated down from the breakfast porch via 6 steps or, alternately, via a side gate from the loose stone parking lot over a pathway of gravel, grass, dirt, and mulch.
- We have one guest room on the first floor. Based on availability, this room may be suitable for guests with some disabilities not requiring wheelchair access.
- There are two guest rooms on the second floor which have steps in each of the private bathrooms. These are a result of two additions to the original home which followed building codes of the time.
CONTACTING US BY PHONE
If you have any questions concerning our inn or booking a room, always feel free to call our main number at 508-896-7481. While sometimes we cannot answer immediately, we will return your message within 24 hours.
OUR PRIVACY MISSION
At the Captain Freeman Inn we are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifying information (PII).
Our main purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with a streamlined experience in making reservations at the Captain Freeman Inn. We only collect information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this. Personally identifying information is only obtained when making a reservation or signing up for our newsletter.
We do not gather sensitive personal data (eg. health, genetic, biometric data; racial or ethnic origin, political affiliations, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, or criminal convictions). We expressly request that you do not provide any such sensitive data to us.
We sometimes use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Site to measure effectiveness and safety. A “cookie” is a small file that gets placed on your hard drive that helps us provide our services.
By using and browsing our website, you consent to cookies being used. If you do not consent you must turn off cookies or refrain from using our site. You are free to decline cookies if you choose to. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies.
At the Captain Freeman Inn, we take security seriously. When guests make a reservation we use every precaution to safeguard your information online and offline. We do not share, sell or trade email addresses, information collected as part of a survey, or specific details about you or your household. We do not contribute to or participate in shared or cooperative databases, which give other companies access to your information.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
If you are an EU resident, you have certain rights concerning the information we hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us.
- Requesting: You may request a copy of any data we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Correcting: The accuracy of the information is important to us. If you have a change of email address, or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us so we may correct our records.
- Deleting: You have the right to request erasure of your personal information. Unless there is a compelling reason for the data not to be erased (for example, we need to use that data to fulfill our contractual or legal obligations), your personal data will be deleted on request.
Captain Freeman Inn may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our guests, properties, strategic marketing partners, and service providers.