We simply love Cape Cod. With its miles of stunning sandy beaches, countless kettle ponds and thousands of acres of preserved land, it is all but impossible not to be taken with our exquisite peninsula’s unsurpassed natural beauty.
It is its natural beauty that makes Cape Cod’s environment especially fragile. From the constantly shifting dunes on our shoreline to the delicate, sandy soil and the wide variety of rare flora and fauna found here, our ecosystem is a delicate one.
At The Captain Freeman Inn we have adopted a green initiative throughout our property. While some of the environmentally-friendly aspects of the inn may be apparent, and others are not, all have been carefully chosen to enhance both your stay and the beautiful place you’ve chosen to visit.
Our green initiative includes:
- Locally-made, organic personal care products from Brothers Artisan Oil and Bumble & Company in large, refillable containers, rather than disposable plastic bottles, in all guestrooms
- A newly-expanded vegetable garden with the harvest providing true farm-to-table dining at the inn
- Filtered water in sterilized, reusable bottles in each room and available to guests at all times
- We recently converted to a saltwater swimming pool which requires no chlorine; it is heated via solar panels
- Small blue recycling bins in each guestroom with larger ones placed throughout the property
- Bed linens are changed every third day unless otherwise requested
- Newly-installed energy-efficient windows, and washers and dryers
- A new irrigation well which we share with our neighbor