We want everyone who visits the Captain Freeman Inn website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding. Our accessibility statement provides our current status regarding Web Content Accessibility and descriptions of our physical environment.
To help make the Captain Freeman Inn website a positive place for everyone, we’ve been using the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user-friendly for everyone. We regularly update the website to achieve our goal of WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If at any time you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular web page on www.CaptainFreemanInn.com, please contact us at info@CaptainFreemanInn.com being sure to specify the web address of the page in your email. You may also contact us via telephone at 508-896-7481. We will make all reasonable efforts to make the page accessible as well as answer any questions you may have.
Please know that our home is an historic Greek Revival Sea Captain’s home, built in the 1860s, registered with the Brewster Historical Commission, and included in the Old Kings Highway Historic District. Consistent with the prevailing architectural norms, the inn has many stairs outside and within the building. Certain features may provide complications for wheelchair access and may provide some restriction to certain guests depending on physical abilities. We do our best to communicate accessibility specifics when details are requested so please do not hesitate to call and ask if clarification is needed.
Currently, our building has the following access:
- The inn does not have a wheelchair ramp. Entry to the inn is navigated from the loose stone parking lot, up 6 steps followed by 2 steps to the front porch where there is 1 additional step for entry into the main foyer. Access to all public rooms, public bathrooms, and private guest rooms inside the inn require the use of the front entry stairs.
- The inn does not have an elevator or stair lift. Access to all levels above the first floor, including public spaces and private guest rooms, requires the use of stairs.
- Access to the fence-enclosed outdoor swimming pool is navigated down from the breakfast porch via 6 steps or, alternately, via a side gate from the loose stone parking lot over a pathway of gravel, grass, dirt, and mulch.
- We have one guest room on the first floor. Based on availability, this room may be suitable for guests with some disabilities not requiring wheelchair access.
- There are two guest rooms on the second floor which have steps in each of the private bathrooms. These are a result of two additions to the original home which followed building codes of the time.
CONTACTING US BY PHONE
If you have any questions concerning our inn or booking a room, always feel free to call our main number at 508-896-7481. While sometimes we cannot answer immediately, we will return your message within 24 hours.