by Donna Cain,
Fondly known as P’Town, Provincetown boasts many wonderful things to do and has the unique atmosphere of blending cultures, astounding art and unparalleled natural beauty. We like to recommend that guests visit this unique seaside village when visiting our wonderful Cape Cod Bed and Breakfast, the Captain Freeman Inn.
Shown below are 6 things we love to recommend our guests do when visiting P’Town.
1. The all time best summer attraction, besides our breathtaking beaches, in the summer time is whale watching. We like to recommend that our guests combine the P’Town experience with a afternoon of whale watching with the folks from the Dolphin Fleet. It’s a 4 hour experience where a naturalist accompanies every cruise to serve as an interpretive guide to the ecology and natural history of Cape Cod and Massachusetts Bays with emphasis on whales, other marine life and marine birds passengers are likely to see.
2. The Pilgrim Monument – Whether you arrive by land, sea or sky, the Pilgrim Monument is the first thing you see when you approach Provincetown. The monument stands at 252 feet tall and commemorates the history of the Mayflower Pilgrims. It’s the tallest all-granite structure in the United States. Guests can climb to the top on a series of stairs and ramps and you’ll be rewarded with a spectacular view of Cape Cod bay.
3. Lobster Pot and the Portuguese Bakery are wonderful spots to sample Cape Cod food at it’s finest. The Lobster Pot has fresh lobster with wonderful views of P’Town harbor and the bakery has delicious fried dough that melts in your mouth.
4. Race Point Beach is a vast and awe inspiring beach where you can often see seals and whales with your naked eye.
5. Herring Beach is a relaxing and tranquil beach for swimmers that tend to be warmer and a drop off that is steep from the shore. The shoreline has beautiful shells with picturesque views of boats coming and going.
P’town was just voted the top Beach town by Travel and Leisure. It is definitely well deserved and so glad this wonderful town is so close for our guests to enjoy.