by Donna Cain
We continue to strive to have the Captain Freeman Inn be the best bed and breakfast on Cape Cod! We have included at the end of this post the top 12 reasons why the Captain Freeman Inn is the best place to stay for your Cape Cod bed and breakfast getaway. After 13 years of inn keeping under our belt, we thought it would be fun to pen our thoughts and experiences and to share all of the best kept secrets of why Cape Cod, and Brewster in particular, is such a special place.
Under the title of “Best Reading Guide to Cape Cod”, with a few entries each week, we will talk about the Best Museums, the Best Wedding Venues, the Best Historical Guide, the Best Beaches, the Best Entertainment, the Best Clam Shacks…..etc, …..and so our adventure begins of sharing all of the Best Tips on how to explore Cape Cod and to “Live and Eat Like a Local”
Along with the “Best Reading Guide to Cape Cod” posts will be our regular food postings which will continue to include pictures, recipes and tips. Food continues to be our passion at the inn, and we love to share our experiences of our wonderful Cape Cod dining, including many of the restaurants close by in Brewster. We think breakfast and afternoon tea are the best time of the day and our guests rave about all of our homemade delights. Our menus are always evolving with our test kitchen trying new recipes each week that change with the season.
Top 12 reasons why the Captain Freeman Inn is the best place to stay:
- Our inn is totally remodeled with new central air, upgraded electric with a back up generator, new gas fireplaces and newly remodeled private baths.
- Our motto is “Fine Lodging is in the Details”
- Each of our boutique bed and breakfast Cape Cod rooms have been decorated with soothing colors, modern amenities, triple sheeting and Turkish towels
- The world renowned National Seashore is a 15 minute drive from the inn.
- Breakwater Beach is just a short stroll from the Inn and is known for our tidal flats, allowing guests to walk out to the middle of the bay at low tide. 6 hours later the tide comes in and you can swim in our Cape Cod Bay waters.
- We are known for our breakfasts which are homemade and farm to table whenever possible
- Our homemade raspberry jam is to die for and is made from raspberries grown in the inn’s raspberry patch
- We pride ourselves in southern hospitality!
- We love lavender and have homemade lavender spritzers in the guest’s rooms
- The Cape Cod Rail Trail is just up the street from the inn
- We have many wonderful restaurants near by that include fine dining and casual lobster shacks. Our favorite is the Brewster Fish House which is a short walk from the inn.
- Nature is at it’s finest on Cape Cod and includes Cape Cod bird watching, Cape Cod whale watching and nature walk.
Lets “Live like a Local” and enjoy all of the natural beauty and charm that Cape Cod is known for. The Captain Freeman Inn is located in our quiet sea captain’s town of Brewster and a perfect spot to enjoy a quiet getaway to Cape Cod.