by Donna Cain, Innkeeper and owner
Many a song has been written about Cape Cod with my all time favorite- Patti Page’s “Old Cape Cod”. Her words from that song often speak to me …..”You’re sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod”
Every summer it’s such a pleasure to see all of the wonderful talent that comes to Cape Cod. Some are legends that are winding down their careers and enjoy playing at our Melody Tent in Hyannis, others are young actors or musicians who may or may not hit it big.
1. We love to pack a picnic dinner and listen to old time band music in the Drummer Boy Park. The Brewster Band is all volunteer and they play every Sunday night at 6pm.
2. The premiere music venue is the Melody Tent in Hyannis. The tented theater has 2,250 seats and there really isn’t a bad seat in the house. August’s schedule is full of wonderful talent including Gregg Allman, Abba, Little Big Town, Boyz II Men and my child hood favorite, comedian Bill Cosby.
3. If your looking for casual entertainment with a beautiful ocean view, nothing beats the Beachcomber in Wellfeet.
4.The Cape Cod Chamber Music Festival has become very popular on Cape Cod offering nearly a month (July 27- August 22) of classical and contemporary chamber music. They perform 13 performances in 7 different Cape Cod towns. Performers include young musicians in school as well as established groups like the Emerson String quartet.
5. The 25th Anniversary Cape Cod Five Pops in the Park concert will be playing this year by the Cape Cod Symphony in Orleans.
6. The Provincetown Jazz Festival cannot be contained to one town. This year the festival begins in P’Town on August 16th with Kathy Kosins, Dane Vannatter and Cape Cod Jazz Quintet. Later in Cotuit on August 18th you can enjoy Rebecca Parris, Shawnn Monteiro and Avery Sharpe.
Exhaling on Cape Cod and enjoying all the sounds of summer, including all of the chirping birds at the Captain Freeman Inn.